LATEST SOFTWARE UPDATES FOR APPLE
In order to ensure that you maintain your Apple product’s security, most importantly, you will need to keep your software up to date.
- Latest version of iOS and iPadOS is 13.3.1. Learn how to update the software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- Latest version of macOS is 10.15.3. Learn how to update the software on your Mac and how to allow important background updates.
- The latest version of watchOS is 6.1.3. Learn how to update the software on your Apple Watch
Technology is most powerful when it empowers everyone.
- Taking a family portrait.
- Catching up over FaceTime.
- Raising the blinds to let in the morning light.
- Apple wants everyone to enjoy the everyday moments that technology helps make possible and therefore making its product accessible from the very start.
- Because the true value of a device isn’t measured by how powerful it is, but by how much it empowers you.
Sometimes a word is worth a thousand pictures.
- Apple devices let you write a text or email without seeing the screen.
- You can take a perfect group selfie just by hearing how many faces are in the frame.
- Using these features may feel like magic, but it’s very much by design.
VoiceOver tells you what’s happening on your screen.
- VoiceOver describes exactly what’s happening on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, or Apple TV, so you can navigate your device just by listening.
- Apple’s built-in apps support VoiceOver, which will talk you through tasks you do with them.
Display Accommodations. Easy on the eyes.
- If you have color blindness or other vision challenges, you can adjust the view on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch, and Apple TV so it works better for you.
- Choose from a range of color filters or fine-tune them.
- And turn on Invert Colors on all your devices to instantly change the values and create more contrast.
Magnifier works like a digital magnifying glass.
It uses the camera on your iPad or iPhone to increase the size of anything you point it at, so you can see the details more clearly.
Upsize the text in apps.
When you activate Larger Dynamic Type on iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch, the text inside apps like Mail, Messages, and Settings is converted to a larger, easier-to-read size
Get a closer look with Zoom.
- Zoom is a powerful built-in screen magnifier that lets you enlarge a section of your screen to many times its normal size, so you can better see what’s on the display.
- It works on Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV.
Apple wants to keep everyone in the conversation.
- When products are designed to be accessible, more people can do what they love.
- That’s why we build powerful features into every operating system and every device to help people who are deaf or hard of hearing.
Cut through the noise with Live Listen.
- Whether you’re having dinner in a loud restaurant or taking a class in a crowded lecture hall, Live Listen lets you fine-tune your Made for iPhone hearing aids and AirPods to help you hear more clearly.
- For quiet conversations, move your iPhone or iPad closer to the people who are speaking, and the built-in microphone will amplify what they’re saying.
Catch every sign, gesture, and facial expression with FaceTime.
There’s a lot more to closed captioning than just reading dialogue.
- You can also use it to display the music and sound effects while you watch movies on any Apple device.
- So everyone can enjoy a true cinematic experience.
Track your hearing health.
- The Noise app tracks decibel levels of the ambient sounds around you, helping you identify when the levels could negatively impact your hearing.
- The information is stored in the Health app so you can refer to your data whenever you need it.
A tap. A word. A million possibilities.
With Switch Control, you’re in control.
- Switch Control is assistive technology that lets you use built-in features as well as switches, a joystick, or other adaptive devices to control what’s on your screen.
- So you can fully interact with your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV without touching it.
Manage your house and your music. With a single app.
Activity and Workout apps. Set a goal, then push yourself past it.
Accessibility Keyboard. Type what you see.
Focus your attention. Unleash your imagination.
- Everyone learns differently.
- And Apple products are designed to support those differences.
- So they include innovative technologies that can read words or even whole pages aloud for auditory learners.
- Screen Time helps everyone better understand and manage device usage.
- Whether it’s for yourself or a family member, you can view the amount of time spent in apps and set specific limits for each one.
Powerful innovations come together to help you communicate.
- Every iPad, iPhone, and Mac has built-in communication features that support learning.
- FaceTime lets you communicate visually, whether you use sign language, gestures, or facial expressions.
- Speak Selection helps with language development by speaking words you’re reading.
- And Text to Speech can make learning easier by letting you hear what you’re reading and writing.
- There are also many third-party apps in the App Store, including TouchChat, to help you communicate more easily.
With Speak Screen, a reading experience can be a listening experience.
If it’s easier for you to read while hearing the words spoken aloud, Speak Screen can read text from documents, books, web pages, or email on your iPhone or iPad.
- With Typing Feedback turned on, your iPad or iPhone can give you spoken feedback, including text corrections and word suggestions, as you type.
- So you can stay focused on what you’re typing.
Bring focus with Guided Access.
- Guided Access lets parents, teachers, or therapists limit iPad to one app at a time, and limit the amount of time spent in an app.
- So iPad can be a powerful tool for autistic people or those with attention and sensory challenges.
Safari Reader puts the emphasis on content.
- For some students, navigating the web on iPad, iPhone, or Mac can be sensory overload.
- Safari Reader reduces the visual clutter.
- It strips away ads, buttons, and navigation bars, allowing you to focus on just the content you want.
- And on Mac, you can choose to use Reader automatically on websites where it’s available.